Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Little bit for now

Just ducking in between chores...struck by Eliza's statement:

I am afraid that if I start dreaming I'll want a different life.

That really stuck to me. I'm pretty sure I do want another life. I want to keep most of the key players in this one, but I think to myself: What's the sense in dreaming of moving to northern New England or going on solo writer's retreat in Ireland or whatever when I can't see a way it will ever be possible?

I know this attitude is bullshit, but I didn't realize how full of it I was. Ha!

This week has been very activating for me. The theme of Anger and also Scarcity is hitting me right between the eyes. Damnit! I'll write more later...

1 comment:

eliza said...

that one stuck to me, too. i like your extrapolation that the what's-the-point-it's-impossible approach is bullshit! maybe i should let my thoughts run a little more, and explore the possibilities.