Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Confession

I've been very spotty with the daily pages this week. Done 'em some days, not others, partially some days. And the tasks? No, haven't really gone there. Sure I've daydreamed about five more lives (a botanist, an Italian contessa, a biodynamic farmer/surfer in Hawaii, a midwife, a trainer of service dogs)...but I do that outside of the AW, so it hardly counts! Artist's Date has yet to happen. Am I even qualified to say I'm doing The Artist's Way this week?!

However. I am working on a art project! It's a jornal for my friend's 40th birthday. It's a very fine, handmade, leather-bound book that I picked up at Jazz Fest a few years ago and inside I am collaging (is that a word?) selected pages. I am in the layout phase right now; no glue has been spilled although scissors have been wielded with abandon. It's my first project of this type and I am LOVING IT. Oh, the paper. The words. I get so turned on by paper and words, text and texture, color and context. I am staging imagescapes that I think will resonate with some of my friend's passions: Italy, flowers, and our shared love of the film A Room with a View.

I'll post some pictures of it when I have a chance. Until then, wishing you all beauty and inspiration.

4 comments:

daru said...

hey teri....don't worry about it. the collage journal sounds great! if you're inspired to make art, then you're rockin the right path! plus, you can put a check next to the five lives task- that's a hard one for me and i've been avoiding it. i'll get to it soon though (i hope).

eliza said...

i just picked up some collaging materials (verbing is so rampant - why not?) and now am looking forward to digging in even more.

italian contessa! here's the box, and there's your thinking, way out over there... out on that yacht. if you squint you can see it.

this is a juicy post - thanks.

Anonymous said...

heck yeah, you're doing it! you wrote out your list here *check!* that's done. and yes, it most definitely counts even if you do it all the time. writing it down is a big piece.

and how wonderful that you've been creative. hang in there. you're doing great!!

Anonymous said...

I love the daydreaming piece! That journal sounds beautiful as well... I love to collage. I found that magic through the Wisdom course, lots of collaging there. Keep trying on the morning pages - what do they say, it takes 7 something or another (days is it? how can that be) to form a habit.