Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My Ideal Environment

rockport sunset
The ocean is very close. The air must reek of brine and history. The seasons must change. Places I’ve felt very good: the north shore of MA, Cape Cod, the Maine coast. Even Burlington, VT would work because of Lake Champlain. Proximity to Canada is also appealing. Ithaca, NY would work. Mountains and water together are a big plus.

I live in my own house. Must haves: a yard for dog, kidlets and garden, a porch, a large kitchen and at least one large bathroom with a tub big enough for me to immerse my entire body while fully reclined, a soundproof barn for my husband’s amplified noodling, a hammock, an outdoor shower, a plush bedroom with one of these.

I would be able to walk into my ideal town from the house. In town, there would be a good bakery, good coffee, a good used bookstore and a big co-op/farmers market. I would be able to have a good meal, see a movie, rent a movie, buy something to wear, get gas and go to the bank all in the same neighborhood.

That’s about all I require. (!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like heaven to me! I've never lived close to an ocean - but your ideal environment sounds just right, with everything a short walk away.

Leah said...

ahhh, sounds lovely to me too. and much like ideal environments i've written about, especially the parts about the ocean and being able to walk to town from my house where there's an awesome bookstore and a coffeehouse. ahhh...i grew up on the northshore, it's lovely.

in my last comment i called you teresa instead of teri...is teri short for teresa? if not, sorry about that!

Endment said...

When you find your ideal place... Let us know. Sounds a lot like what I am hoping to find!

Teri said...

Yep, Teri is short for Teresa. I answer to both!

Anonymous said...

Umm, hello?? Petaluma, CA. Unless, of course, you like shovelling snow . . . :-)

xoxox
We just miss you.